LEARN MORE ABOUT B-TOWN EYECARE
Burien Eyecare Center (DBA B-Town Eyecare) was founded in the late 1930’s in ‘Olde Burien’ by a doctor whose name has since been lost. It was assumed by Dr. Gordon Sill who practiced at the location in Burien on 153rd Street until 1956. Dr. Foster Kirk then assumed ownership and practiced optometry at the same office until he retired in early 1968. This was the year that Dr. Snowden Booth acquired the practice and owned it until 2013. Dr. Booth was loved and admired for his sincere approach to providing care to his patients. He is now enjoying retirement with his family in North Seattle. It was in 2013 that he passed on his legacy to Dr. Jatinder Bansal who became the proud owner of Burien Eyecare Center, which is now known as B-Town Eyecare.
Our Story (continued)
Burien Eyecare Center was originally the only source of eye care in the South King County area until Dr. Wallen opened a practice in the area in 1948. It has been an independent and professional optometric office, practicing traditional optometry since it’s humble beginnings. The philosophy of this practice has traditionally been to not be open weekend or evening hours. Recently, due to overwhelming patient requests, our office has decided to begin providing extended hours to accommodate our patients who are unable to utilize traditional appointment times. We continue to be a progressive but conservative, non-commercial, community-centric practice that provides caring personalized eye care to a considerable and growing number of loyal patients.
In August of 2018, we moved our office a few minutes south from its original location on 625 153rd Street in Burien to Normandy Park Towne Center located off of 1st Ave South in Normandy Park. Even though we have moved to much more efficient location, office space and the technology we offer has expanded, we still hold true to the values of Burien Eyecare Center.
Dr. Snowden Booth, OD